Saturday, July 19, 2008

more things.



So I colored that drawing of the footless lady but I haven't scanned it yet. And I'm trying to get ready for Bethany's and my house warming party, so I'm probably not gonna scan it right now. In fact, I scanned several old things a few days ago with the idea that having Luke around all this week (yay!) might make me think I have better things to do than scan drawings. Here's an old thing now!

Truth be told, it's not a super awesome drawing. I drew it in a bar called Gatsby's in NYC when Tim, Keith, Dan and I were there for MoCCA. And obviously it's just ball point pen- nothing fancy. And I even did a crappy job scanning it (see the spiral rings to the left?). But I did draw it while I was under the influence of some stuff, and while that really didn't alter the subject matter, it did make me a little less nervous about screwing up, and made me worry less about spatial relations, too. Which was all kind of cool. I <3 the beard man. Also, it was a huge, horrible heat wave while we were in New York, but I drew everyone dressed for winter anyway. Guess it was wishful thinking.

Time to get gussied up.

No comments: