Thursday, July 17, 2008

things!

The panel at left: by lately, I mean twice. I originally was like, "I'm gonna do a comic about this," but I couldn't think of much to do in three panels, so I just left it at one. That's Bethany, Stefan, me and Tim. Obviously. Heh. Anyway, there are two (at least?) karaoke programs on the local public access- Keene Idol, of course, and Mr. and Mrs. Karaoke, which is apparently local karaoke (the one we saw was in Bellows Falls- I wonder if they go all around) just...at a bar...hosted by this husband and wife. That program is way better. I'm way more invested in a biker named King Willy singing "Layla" and an old lady singing "Hurt So Good" than a bunch of rehearsed locals getting judged by the guy from Ted's Shoe and Sport.

Honestly, most of the text I write here is just to fill up space because I like how pictures look with words around them.

Today at work we heard about the Emmy nominations and The War got six, which is neat. Erik and Ryan, the sound editors that I am assisting, got nominated for best sound editing (for a non-fiction blahblahblah) Emmy. Which is kind of cool. Ryan's thirty-one. That's ridiculous.

The girl at right I drew tonight (free hand) while watching Project Runway and Kathy Griffin on Bravo with Bethany. The gross leg-tail is not some clever artistic idea, but just me not making her the right size to fit on the page with feet. I think I'll probably color it and rescan it at some point, but I thought I'd just put it up this way first. I totally want glasses like that (with the thick rim at the top and nothing below. I didn't do it quite right in the drawing because I didn't want to fuck up her eyes). And a dress like that. I basically want to look like that, except with feet. Ew.

Bed time.



No comments: