Thursday, July 10, 2008

Today is the day of too much information.

On the way to pick up my car that cost me $1200 today, my coworker Dave (the giver of rides) said to me, "so, you stickin' around Florentine, Meag?" He apparently heard from Paul (supervising editor) today that we've got projects lined up back to back until 2013 and that Dave is basically employed until then. And the rest of us? Maybe. I said that yeah, I would like to stay, but certain things make me want to leave. And I've wanted to tell him for so long, and I'm not sure why, but I told Dave that I was seeing **** last summer. He politely and quietly said that he had known that because Dan told him, and we talked about it for a bit (the whole ride was maybe only ten minutes), and he assured me that there was never any outward indication of fallout or anything, which was great to hear. So it was a weird relief to know that Dave knew. I don't know- I think he's my favorite coworker, overall, and I just feel good knowing he knows.

And then I wrote a $1200 check for my piece of shit car.

But I was heading home to change real quick and then go to Springfield to hang out with high school BFFs, Jenn and Kevin. But instead, my stomach decided it would be a good idea to make me violently ill for no apparent reason. We're talking puking in the bathroom trash because I'm already on the toilet kind of ill. So that sucks. But appears to be passing. In the meantime, here's a drawing I started ages ago, in Stefan's bedroom when he, DMan and I were soaking up the AC, but only finished last night.


4 comments:

Keith said...

too much information ideed.
Nice comic though!

meagan_taylor said...

I know...sorry to the universe at large.

Emily Daigle said...

WAIT! how come we JUST saw this!?!?!?!?
new rule:show us stuff we're in?
I love it.
see you soon?
-E

meagan_taylor said...

Ha ha! I had no idea that I hadn't ever told you about this! Sorry! Glad you like it, though! :-D

Can't wait to see you! You are back in Somerville now, right?