Sunday, July 20, 2008

one of the many people I wish I could draw like...


is this guy. Jason Sho Green. I forget how I found him, and I've honestly seen plenty of drawings here and there that look like that style, but I'm sticking with this guy, anyway. Just from his blog it seems like he can do tons of styles and uses tons of mediums. I caught the last few minutes of 60 Minutes a while ago and heard Andy Rooney barking about modern art. His main thesis was that Picasso earned the right to paint crazy shit because before that, he proved he could do the more classic stuff. While I mostly disagreed with the other stuff he was saying, that sort of made sense. Style should be something you develop, not something you use because you can't really draw to begin with.

Anyway, I'm certainly not comparing this dude to Picasso, but he's more than capable of some really classically beautiful drawings and paintings. I just like the simpler line art stuff better.

And here's some crap that I did. Green, I've noticed, tends to do some lines around the eyes, even on young people. I think when I drew this (was a while ago), I was of trying to ape that.

Also, holy crap, who wants to go to this thing?

No comments: